2 T. butter, plus additional for dishes
6 spears asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
4 large eggs
½ cup sliced mushrooms
1 clove garlic, minced
1 ½ ounces soft-ripened cheese (such as Camembert, cubed)
Salt and pepper, to taste
Crusty bread, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Butter two oven-safe ramekins or gratin dishes.
3. Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Add asparagus and garlic; cook until asparagus is bright green, about 2 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in cream, cheese and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Divide mushroom-asparagus mixture between prepared ramekins.
7. Make 2 small wells in each ramekin and crack 2 eggs into each.
8. Bake until cheese is melted and eggs are cooked to your liking, 10 to 15 minutes (keep in mind, eggs will continue to cook a little after being removed from the oven).
9. Serve immediately with fermented sourdough or gluten-free bread.
Inspired by www.pccmarkets.com/recipe