Shirataki noodles or zoodles
Sirloin steak, thinly sliced
Green onion, sliced
Jalapeño, sliced (optional)
Pho Broth Ingredients
4 cups beef stock
3 garlic cloves, peeled
3 slices fresh ginger
½ cup coconut aminos
1 Tbsp. fish sauce
2 pieces of star anise
Juice of 1 lime
- To make the broth, combine all the ingredients in a large pot and bring to a simmer.
- Allow to cook gently for 30 minutes, then strain to remove the garlic, ginger and anise.
- If using shirataki noodles, drain and rinse under cold water. Roughly chop noodles if desired.
- To serve, place the shirataki noodles in serving bowls then top with the raw sliced steak, herbs, green onion, bean sprouts, and sliced jalapeño.
- Pour the boiling hot broth over the steak (this cooks the steak gently).
- Serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!
Inspired by: https://paleoleap.com/beef-pho/