2 teaspoons coconut oil
¾ cup packed grated green zucchini
¾ cup packed grated carrots
2 green onions, green ends trimmed off, white finely chopped (optional)
4 large eggs, whisked
1/3 cup grated Monterrey Jack cheese
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a mini cupcake pan.
2. In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add the zucchini, carrots, and shallots, and cook, stirring for 5-7 minutes until the veggies begin to soften. Remove from heat and set aside to cool down to room temperature.
3. In a large bowl, combine veggies, eggs, grated cheese, and salt. Spoon mixture into mini cupcake pan.
4. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Allow mini quiches to cool in the pan before carefully removing with a small knife or spatula.
5. Serve cold or warm – they are delicious both ways!
Serves 8-12 (24 mini quiches)
Inspired by: Laura Fuentes