Ingredients for the Dressing
¼ cup olive oil
Zest of half a lemon
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 small garlic clove, grated
1/8 teaspoon cayenne
Pinch of sea salt
Ingredients for the Stir Fry
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 large shallot, peeled and sliced
3 cups cauliflower rice
1 cup fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
1 small zucchini, diced
½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
10 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 Tbsp roasted pine nuts or cashews (optional)
Instructions for the Dressing
1. Pour olive oil into a small bowl. To zest lemon, use a microplane to scrape off the yellow skin of the lemon, moving to another area as soon as the white is exposed. Add zest, lemon juice, sea salt and cayenne to olive oil. Use microplane to grate garlic, keeping fingers clear. Add to olive oil mixture and whisk well. Set aside.
Instructions for the Stir Fry
1. Prep the veggies as directed above.
2. Place a large cast iron frying pan on medium-high heat for 60 seconds, add 2 Tbsp olive oil to pan. Allow time for the oil to get hot. When oil starts to shimmer, add shallots to pan. Cook shallots for two minutes, stirring often. Add cauliflower rice, cook for 2 minutes stirring frequently.
3. Add green beans and zucchini. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add tomatoes. Season generously with sea salt and pepper, stir and immediately divide veggies between 2 bowls.
4. Place pan back on heat, add 1 Tbsp olive oil. Toss in shrimp. Cook for 3 minutes (90 seconds each side) until shrimp is just cooked through. Don’t overcook or you will have rubbery shrimp. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
5. Place shrimp on top of each bowl. Whisk dressing, drizzle over shrimp and vegetables. Enjoy!
Inspired by: The Organic Kitchen