3 cups unsweetened coconut
3 Tbsp maple syrup
6 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
1 ½ cups Enjoy Life chocolate chips
½ cup natural almonds
1. Combine the coconut, maple syrup, and coconut oil in a food processor. Blend for 2 minutes, pausing after 1 minute to scrape down the sides.
2. Spoon the mixture into a plastic or silicone ice cube tray with 16 sections and press down. Place in the freezer while you prepare the melted chocolate.
3. To temper the chocolate, place 1 cup of the chocolate chips in a glass bowl over a simmering pot of water. Stir constantly with a rubber spatula until melted or between 110° F and 115° F.
4. Remove from heat and place the bowl on a towel. Let the chocolate cool to 95° F and add the remaining ½ cup of chocolate chips. Stir until smooth with the rubber spatula.
5. Remove the ice cube tray from the freezer and remove the square candies, flipping them onto a cooling rack. Dip the bottom edge of each candy in the chocolate, let it drip off, and then place them back on the cooling rack. The upper part of the white coconut should still be showing.
6. Place a dot of the melted chocolate on top of each candy to serve as glue, then place an almond on the dot.
7. Coat the rest of the candies in chocolate, pouring a spoonful over each one until completely covered.
8. Transfer each of the candies from the wire rack to parchment paper then place in the refrigerator for one hour or until set.
9. Enjoy them as individual candies or wrap each one in wax squares, twisting the ends to secure the “wrapper” and share with friends!
Inspired by Fed and Fit