1 lb. sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
2 Tbsp. olive oil or other cooking fat
12 mini sweet peppers or 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced
3 scallions, sliced diagonally, with the green and white parts separated
2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
Ingredients for the Marinade
¼ cup coconut aminos
1/3 cup water
2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade.
2. Add the sliced steak to the marinade, toss to coat, and refrigerate for at least 15 min.
3. Add some cooking fat to a skillet placed over medium-high heat.
4. Add the bell peppers, the whites of the scallions, the ginger, and the garlic, and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
5. Remove the steak from the marinade and add to the same skillet. Sauté until brown (about 2-3 minutes), stirring occasionally.
6. Return the vegetables to the skillet, add the green parts of the scallions, cook for another minute, and serve. Enjoy!
Inspired by https://paleoleap.com/pepper-steak/