2 teaspoons arrowroot
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
½ onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
2 Tbsp sherry vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 lb. chicken livers, patted dry
¼ cup chicken stock
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Mix arrowroot with enough water to create a slurry. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add peppers and cook until softened and slightly charred, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic and thyme; cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Add chicken livers to the pan and cook until brown and crisp, but still a little pink inside, 3-4 minutes total. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, stirring to coat.
4. Remove chicken and vegetables from pan to make sauce.
5. Add sherry vinegar and chicken stock to the hot pan, keeping on medium-high heat. Deglaze the pan, scraping up any brown bits while stirring. Bring to a gentle simmer and stir in arrowroot slurry. Cook until sauce thickens slightly, 2-3 minutes.
6. Add chicken liver mixture back to pan and coat well with sauce, simmering on low for 5 minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Inspired by PCC Community Markets